Thursday, March 27, 2008

Confessions of a pastor


This Sunday we will start a new series in Risttee church called "Confessions of a pastor". Throughout 4 weeks I will be talking about the areas in my life where I am struggeling the most. There are of course more than 4 confessions that i could make but after choosing among them here are the ones that we will talk about:
- I can't stand of lot of Christians
- I have to fight hard to keep sexually pure
- I am a slave to time
- I worry all the time

On one hand i really look forward to these weeks cause i know that God wants to use these weeks to deal with a lot of stuff in our church. On the other hand i feel scared, cause being open like that wont be easy for me. I have never been good at showing my emotions, specially communicating them.

You can pray for me that God would give me the right words and courage to be open. And that the horizontal confessions (between me and the people) would turn into vertical confessions between God and everyone.

4 comments:

CK said...

Peep... I'm deeply moved by your willingness to lay yourself open to people. It's such a powerful thing for people to see that we're all just normal people in need of a Savior. I'm praying for you brother! I really want to know how God blesses you and the people He is reaching through you! You better do a good job blogging! ;^)

Love you and praying for you brother!

CK<><
http://salvonoodle.wordpress.com

Kyli & Carrie said...

Peep, that is awesome, and I am sure God will use what you are saying in amazing ways! Honestly and willingness to put yourself out there goes a long way!! I know God will bless you for stepping out! Peace to you!!

Melanie said...

Peep...I am so excited and humbled to hear about the next few weeks at the church. You are a very brave and humble servant. God will use your open heart to do great things. I will pray that you have the right words to say and that you have incredible wisdom!

clayburkle said...

Peep,
What an encouraging newsletter. I appreciate your courage to share your beautiful mess. Life is messy... spirituality is messy. Yet Jesus drew near to the messy. Preach on!