Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Journey with the Message

Both Anna and I started this year a journey through the Bible using the Message. It is the first time for me to read the Bible through in english.
For my simplified verbal english skills the Message "translation" is a great thing. I love the richness of the language.

One sentence that has been haunting me for a week now:
"..., for by this time the name of Jesus was on everyone’s lips." (Mark 6:14)

Wouldnt that be great! Thats what i desire for Tartu and Estonia.

The other great verse is from the Psalms 84
"And how blessed all those in whom you live, whose lives become roads you travel"

I love the missional foundation of that verse!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hello my friends! I love the passages you shared from the Message. I will continue to pray that the name of Jesus will be on the lips of the people of Tartu and Estonia....and around the world! I'm glad that our lives have intersected. I love feeling like a part of a ministry in a place I have never even visited.

Love from Atlanta.....Mel