Sunday, January 6, 2008

Emma's first sauna experience

Yesterday Emma, our dear precious daughter, had her first sauna experience.
She was sitting bravely in a 100C heat. After 5 seconds she got too hot though and started whining. But on the lower level of the sauna bench she was doing just fine. It was a proud moment for daddy!

After a revitalizing sauna experience she had tons of fun in the bathtub, kissing the reflection of herself in the mirror and kicking and splashing like her life was dependant on that.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I guess I can never understand the whole "sauna experience" until I visit Estonia. From what I have heard, it kinda scares me. I would definitely have to opt for the more "modest" version! Happy New Year!!

Lisa said...

That's awesome to hear! I'm so proud of Emma! Now we just have to get Brenton over there so he can experience the sauna!

Unknown said...

I’m glad that little Emma enjoyed her time at the sauna! She seems to like her first sauna experience. But still, it is best to make some safety measures when bringing your kid inside a sauna bath. Try to assess the heat first before letting them in and as much as possible, place them on the part of sauna where the temperature is not too high. A minimal exposure to the steam is also advised, so they will not be dehydrated.

Neil Dalby

Briella Allen said...

That sounds like a very special thing to do especially if done with locals as you said. I have to admit that I’m not a sauna person myself, I probably wouldn’t voluntarily choose to have one, but being in a foreign country I’d also love to try their traditional activities so I’d probably join in if I’d have the opportunity. I like the idea though of having a lake close by, it must feel so good to jump into it after the sauna